Sunday, February 23, 2014

So many crafts so little time.

Hi all hope you had great week.  I had a very good week in deed but got a little busy and ran out of time to post my other cards but on a side note let me you tell you what kept me so tied up.

First as I mentioned from my last post I made several other cards from last weeks sketch challenges. I had some pre-stamped images I used for those cards and when I went rooting through my stash to gather the "stamps used for this card" I realized I had lost some stamps :(.   Lost or misplaced?   Probably both.   Regardless because of this I went mad and reorganized/cleaned up my craft room. I purged like crazy!

Due to the misplaced stamps (which two were my favorite Whipper Snapper Stamps) I got online to order replacements and winded up ordering  a few more! Of course what else did I think would happen?  LOL. Actually I really don't have a lot of stamps per se in what would be considered a fair amount in the crafters world.  So it was just about time to add some to my current collection.

So secondly here is one of cards I made. This was from last weeks My Favorite Things Wednesday Sketch 163.  I made this card for my sister who is having a little girl!  Yup I am gonna be an aunt again.  Woo Hoo.
I just love this stamp.  It is Bella from WSD.  And of course this layout was fun to do too.

And here is something I have never done before, I decorated the inside of the card using a My Favorite Things dienamic.   I really like it, I may be doing more of this :).



Thirdly (yeah back to why I have been so busy he he) ,  I made these bows.

A friend of mine called me and needed the yellow bow for her daughters Birthday party.  The conversation was something like "how much do you love me, can you make this, I need it like now!"  It had been a while since I made a girls head bow, but I impressed myself.  Not only did I make the bow she needed but I made an extra one as a birthday present in about 30 minutes. 

So lastly my final crafting project that has had me busy aside from my other everyday activities....  this one is a big deal...... at least for me.........    this girl got Copic certified!!!!  Yup me,  I completed the full 8 hours and got my certificate. Can I say what a fun training too.  Lori Craig was the instructor and she was just awesome.  What a great teacher and someone who truly wants you to learn all things that is Copic.   Although I initially wanted to take the class to learn how to color better, I came away with a better understanding about the Copic's numbering system which in the end impacts how I color. I revisited the coloring technique and was also introduced  to the new Copic airbrush.  Although I don't see myself doing much of it, that thing is super cool!  So many possibilities.  

Thanks for stopping by and hope you are enjoying your Sunday Funday.  I will be back to post what I am working on today.  I promise this time :).   I'll even give you a little hint.  It involves cupcakes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment