Sunday, February 1, 2015

Hello Hello!

Hi Folks!  How has everyone been?   Whats been happening?  Well as you can see once again it has been some time and I have most definitely neglected my crafting and my blog.   You know that saying that everything happens for a reason...    I spent a lot of time over the last year spreading myself thin due to some things within my control but others not so much. Lessons were learned and I grew as person, crafter, nurse, wife, pet owner etc happen :).   Much stronger in organizing my time and realizing time for myself and who I spend my time with is just as important as time  spent when doing for others.

During this period as I have mentioned before have no fear I was still being creative, crafting and taking photos (had too sanity much needed. Right?)  Just didn't take the time to post and blog what I was up to.  So lets see I took some more photography and cooking classes,  finished some big projects at work, read a lot of good books, journal ed, completely wrapped up redecorating  my craft room, fostered a few pups, helped out more with our rescue, joined a running club, ran my first 5k, celebrated my husband completing a college degree, traveled a little more with the husband and on a heavier note said goodbye to my beloved grandmother who was quite ill for a long time.

One of the things that usually kept me crafting in the past was the influence of other talented crafters and in the last year while I was experiencing all that life was presenting good and bad I noticed that some of those I follow had also gone a hiatus.  I remember thinking to myself we all have lives individually different, unique with some of the same characteristics,  responsibilities, challenges but we are human and during times like this things get altered and pushed aside.  So you do what you can when you can. Luckily timing wise it seems a lot of us are resurfacing and getting back into the world of arts and crafts!

Having said that  boy oh boy did I miss the card challenges,  split coast stampers, my favorite things boutique/classes and etc.  As much as I had to chose to spend my time elsewhere as important diet and exercise is to one health,  so is crafting for me!

On that note, yes I am back and ready to craft (and blog) to help keep with it I have made some commitments for the next couple months.

So here's what is cooking

  • Next post -cards!!!!   I was able to hook with the great stamper Beverly Scott and make some adorable Stampin up cards in her studio.   Wait till you see the cards they are so cute and the new products are awesome.  To shop click on these link Stampin up Beverly Scott.
  • Copic class-  I did the certification last year or maybe it was two years ago but they are back in Orlando and I am doing part two- intermediate.  PS the deal is pretty awesome for the price of 120 you get a case for 72 markers and learn all things shadowing, applying color, and improving design.   Its on a Saturday, but if you haven't taken the standard  class you can do so on the Friday before. I always have fun when I go and the instructors are really good.  Here is the link you are interested. Copic coloring. Come Color. 
  • Scrapbook expo time!    Oh the fun.  So this year I am actually going to work it too.   Its a great way to walk around and help/view what other crafters are doing.   Talk about inspiration!  I have divided up my time between working a few hours and doing a class, a crop and time to shop.  You should come on out and see what the hype is all about if you aren't already addicted :) Here is the link for that as well. Scrapbook expo Orlando.
I will say we have a very busy summer as we plan to have loads of fun in the sun, but I will be looking for more events for the rest of Spring and Fall to continue my "Enspiration".



Ok so I end on this note.  I gave the eulogy at my grandmothers funeral and ending it by quoting my favorite poetic and writer as it sums up how my grandmother lived her life but should be in general how we all view to to live ours.  Wherever life takes you or happens to you........


My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style. ~Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment