Monday, April 25, 2011

Celebrate Spring :)

Happy Monday!   So much to share...   First I have been working on my technique to color hair using copics.   I used four markers to color this little girl's hair.  E99, E97, Y21, Y11.  Its still a work in process as I am watching/learning from the tutorials on you tube and  Kinderstampo. Very neat and fun to do!

On to the next thing.... I follow blogger Leigh O'Brien  she is a past dirty dozener (amongst other credits) and is oh so talented. Here is a link to her blog Sunflower Studio, you should check it out.

From viewing some of her recent posts  I picked up a few tips and tricks.   As you can see my little girl is standing in grass, this is a die cut from cats pajamas and the little pinwheel is also a die cut from cats pajamas.  I will definitely be using these two tools again in my next projects.

Ok the last part... I learned how to create clouds!   Leigh has on her blog a demo using copic markers, copic airbrush system and a punched out scalloped circle to create the look.    I sorta modified this technique as I don't own the airbrush system.   So all I used was my ink and these two items.   

 You can go to Leigh's blog to view the airbrush way, using the Jim Holtz pad is basically the same idea.   I started at the top and kept moving my circle down the page stamping the pad. 

Well I hope you enjoyed.   Back to stamping and learning :)

No comments:

Post a Comment